Post by Nick Chu
A few highlights from around the world of Urban Gondolas, Cable Propelled Transit:
- What’s your vision of New York in 2040? This author sees gondolas!
- Review of the new Rio Cable Car from a layman’s perspective. Hopefully with more Urban Gondola systems around the world, less people will refer to them as “Carny Grade Transit” no matter how hilarious it sounds.
- Although not urban, plans to connect Mt. Wellington with a cable car resurfaces.
- Full article: Guangzhou, China opens a new 450m high urban cable car.
- And finally, a must see for all you CPT junkies out there – another online gondola database! I know..it’s pretty sweet.
Want more? Purchase Cable Car Confidential: The Essential Guide to Cable Cars, Urban Gondolas & Cable Propelled Transit and start learning about the world's fastest growing transportation technologies.