Post by Steven Dale
A few highlights from around the world of Urban Gondolas and Cable Propelled Transit:
- A new exhibit in London displays more details about the London Thames Cable Car.
- Meanwhile work begins on the London Thames Cable Car despite no assurances it will be ready in time for next year’s Olympics.
- Inhabitat profiles the Caracas Metrocable.
- Reports emerge that Rio is already exploring more Cable Cars after the successful opening of the Compelxo do Alemao Teleferico.
- India’s Jammu and Kashmir governments submit plans for the Patnitop Hill gondola – the first of its kind in that region of India.
- Opponents of the Vancouver/Burnaby Mountain urban gondola arm themselves – with chalk.
Want more? Purchase Cable Car Confidential: The Essential Guide to Cable Cars, Urban Gondolas & Cable Propelled Transit and start learning about the world's fastest growing transportation technologies.