Post by Steven Dale
A quick look at some of the things that happened this week in the world of cable cars, urban gondolas, and cable propelled transit:
- CUP’s own Steven Dale was in Groningen, The Netherlands this week to help kick off plans for that city’s urban gondola system; FlyOver Groningen.
- Government officials and businesses come out in support of a Mount Tamborine Cable Car on Australia’s Gold Coast.
- London Mayor Boris Johnson rejects the London Assembly’s request to rethink the fare structure of the London Thames Cable Car.
- The Museum of History and Industry profiles Seattle’s lost Cable Car network.
- The Jericho Cable Car is – apparently – the longest cable car in the world operating below sea level. It’s profiled at Al Arabiya.
Want more? Purchase Cable Car Confidential: The Essential Guide to Cable Cars, Urban Gondolas & Cable Propelled Transit and start learning about the world's fastest growing transportation technologies.