Post by Nick Chu
Yesterday, in collaboration with Centre City Talk, Steven Dale gave an presentation on urban gondolas and their applicability in Calgary, Canada. Steven was interviewed by CBC’s Dan Irvine on Calgary Eyeopener. If you’re interested in listening to the podcast and hear what Steven had to say, please click here (Urban gondola discussion starts at 15:08).
After the interview, CUP was featured on several major news publications. The following list is a compilation of some of the media’s reaction to the CPT (Cable Propelled Transit) idea:
Urban gondola news clip starts at 2:41.
- Gondolas touted as cost effective (CBC)
- Gondolas can fill in public transit gaps (Calgary Herald)
- Gondola possibility for Calgary is up in the air (preceding article reported by three news media publications: Vancouver Sun, Montreal Gazette and Canada.com)
- Urban Gondolas in Calgary Interview (City Centre Talk)
- Urban gondolas cheap, efficient: Developer (Metro News)
Want more? Purchase Cable Car Confidential: The Essential Guide to Cable Cars, Urban Gondolas & Cable Propelled Transit and start learning about the one of the world's fastest growing transportation technologies.