Post by Steven Dale
A few highlights from around the world of Urban Gondolas, Gondola Transit, and Cable Propelled Transit:
- The Londonist gives the low down on the branding of the London Thames Cable Car (Emirates Air-Line) now on London Tube maps.
- Mountain Village, Colorado takes over a campaign to “green” the Telluride Gondola.
- Controversy erupts over plans to create a Canyons-to-Solitudes “SkiLink” in Utah.
- Petone, New Zealand City Council is exploring an urban gondola system up Wainuiomata Hill.
- Parti au Service du Citoyen leader Robert Bordeleau comes out against plans for an urban gondola in the Montreal suburb of Laval calling it a ‘gimmick’ and branding the city ‘Disney Laval.’
Want more? Purchase Cable Car Confidential: The Essential Guide to Cable Cars, Urban Gondolas & Cable Propelled Transit and start learning about the world's fastest growing transportation technologies.